End-of-Life Information for Version 1.2.1
This product is not
compatible with iOS 8. TinyTERM Pro v1.2.1 is being replaced by
TinyTERM Plus for iOS
, and will no longer be updated.
This version will continue to function forever but should be backed up in iTunes. Please refer to
TinyTERM Plus for iOS
for more information on upgrades and new features.
Secure SSH and telnet VT/ANSI/Wyse/ADDS terminal emulation with macros, printing and software
scanner support. TinyTERM Pro for iPad provides additional automation and printing enhancements
to TinyTERM ITX 2 for iPad.
Starting with all TinyTERM ITX 2 features, TinyTERM Pro adds support for printing, ADDS and
WYCOL emulations, onscreen keyboard remapping, macro recording and automation capabilities
including auto-login, auto-connect, auto-reconnect and one-touch startup.
TinyTERM Pro is designed for non-technical users or uses where pre-configured, fully automated
application access is required.
Based on our best-selling desktop TinyTERM product. We’ve been in business over 27 years and
are excited to make this available to you.
TinyTERM Pro enhances Century's TinyTERM ITX 2 terminal emulator capabilities by
adding support for printing, ADDS Viewpoint emulation, on-screen keyboard remapping,
macro recording, and automation capabilities including auto-login, auto-connect,
auto-reconnect, prevent disconnect and one-touch startup.
The new ADDS Viewpoint VP/60 and WYCOL/Esprit III terminal emulations allows access to a large set of legacy
systems previously without a mobile solution, including Pick, Unidata and Universe
business and retail management systems.
Hardware and Software Barcode Scanning
TinyTERM Pro includes support for several hardware scanners:
In addition, the iPad's rear camera can be used as a scanner. Two-finger double-tap the screen
or tap the "scan" button on the keyboard to start scanning. Supported code formats include EAN/UPC,
Code 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, and QR.
||ADDS Viewpoint VP/60, A2 Enhanced
||VT100, VT220, VT320, VT420
||ANSI 3.64, SCOANSI, AT386, Linux
||Wyse 50, Wyse 60, Televideo TVI912, 925, 950, WYCOL
What's New in Version 1.2.0:
- iOS 7 compatibility
- Major VT420 enhancements
- Added print screen as graphics image to Airprint/email
- Option to disable screen timeouts
- Option to close on disconnect
- WRU answerback accepts control characters
- Swipe gesture to show/hide keyboard
- Software registration
- Option to turn off leading zeros on UPC A code
- Enhanced font drawing, double height characters
- Many emulation updates and fixes
For a complete list of enhancements and fixes, please review the
Print using AirPrint and Email
Emulator screen contents as well as host transparent print data streams can now
be sent to AirPrint printers, as well as redirected to an email attachment, for
saving or sending to others. Print jobs can be combined with our internal spooler,
as well as configured for multiple virtual print devices.
Host transparent printing allows wireless printing to a local nearby printer without
host reconfiguration as the iPad's location is changed. Options allow grouping of print or
screen data into single or separate print jobs or emails.
Reliable automation allows one-touch connections
TinyTERM Pro allows fully automated connections to remote applications using its
sophisticated macro record/playback, auto-connect and auto-login capabilities.
Macro recording and playback allow the interaction between the user and the remote
application to be recorded and later played back to automate the process. Username,
password and other information can be stored separately or prompted for, so that
configurations can be pre-built without including sensitive information, and deployed to
large user groups. An auto-connect option allows connecting immediately after the user
starts TinyTERM Pro, and auto-login will execute any pre-defined macro.
The net result is that you can build one-touch solutions to accessing your remote
Configurations can be set to automatically reconnect, or prevented from
accidental disconnection, for ease of use in mission critical applications.
Macros can prompt for private information
Macros can prompt for usernames or passwords and associated with various
configurations so that a pre-built single set of configurations can be prepared
and sent to multiple users, and then automatically save personalized login
information. Macros can also be assigned to keystrokes to help navigate complex applications.
Onscreen Keyboard Remapping
An on-screen user interface allows all of TinyTERM Pro's custom keyboards to remap keys to
an automated action, a macro, or a sequence of characters, allowing maximum flexibility for
automating or customizing a process during host access.
- Secure SSH and telnet access over WiFi, cellular and VPN networks
- Precise emulation of 21 VT, ANSI, Wyse and IBM terminal types
- Very complete emulation including line draw characters and UTF-8 Unicode support
- Support for background terminal sessions
- Comprehensive RSA/DSA key generation and management. Export public key via email and clipboard
- Very simple and easy-to-use user interface supports multiple connection profiles
- Ability to change emulator settings without disconnecting
- Resizable text font using pinch/zoom for readability
- Scrollable viewport for larger text or scrollback for previous text
- Transparent keyboard option for continuous full screen visibility
- Tap and hold to highlight text and start copy/paste selection
- Terminal screen always fully visible when typing using scaleable fonts. Larger display when keyboard dismissed if desired
- Configurable lines and columns with scaleable or fixed fonts and 132x80 modes
- Configurable emulator screen resizing when keyboard shown and hidden, with separate settings for portrait, landscape and keyboard layouts
- Always-on scrollback buffer using single finger swipe
- Battery indicator for hardware scanners
- Battery logfile and debug switch
- Bluetooth and external docking keyboards supported
- Function keys, arrow keys and all control keys supported
- External keyboard keycode remapping supported for differing codepage/locales
- Onscreen mini-keyboard when using Bluetooth and dock keyboards with missing keys
- Enhanced onscreen custom terminal emulator keyboards facilitate rapid data entry
- Custom programmable keyboards in VT220, IBM3151, Numeric 10-key and PC 101-key English, Spanish, French and German layouts
- Keyboards include function/arrow keys, Ins/Del/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn, Tab, Esc, Ctrl, locking Shift/Ctrl/Caps
- On-screen UI for remapping keys to actions, macros and character strings
- Text screen print to AirPrint and email
- Host transparent print to AirPrint and email
- Macro record/playback to automate connecting and host application startup
- Macro can prompt for username/password or store separately in connection info
- Auto-connect on start allows one-touch connectivity from iPad home screen
- Auto-login on connect associates macro with connect/login sequence
- Auto-reconnect option re-establishes connection and auto-login if dropped
- Prevent disconnect option enforces proper host system/application logoff
- Codepage support for over 25 locales including CP 437/1251/1252, ISO 8859-1/8859-2 and many more
- Configurable foreground/background/cursor color, hostname, user, port
- "Default" configuration allows specifying initial settings for new configurations
- Dropbox and iTunes syncing with desktop for connection, code page and keyboard settings
- Fonts rendered internally for crystal-clear type in all situations
- Bold-weight character display supported
- Telephone and email technical support
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- Original iPad or newer
TinyTERM Pro for iPad is available from
the Apple App Store
as well as directly from Century Software with additional benefits for enterprise deployment. Please call
us for details at +1-801-268-3088 x130.
Questions? Would you like to request a feature or comment on TinyTERM Pro for iPad?
We'd love to hear from you! Click here
to let us know what you think.
Need assistance from our technical support department? You can
call our support line at +1-801-268-3088 option 5, email
visit our support page